Sunday, July 8, 2012

I've got plenty to be thankful for...


 There was a quote on facebook - or was it Pinterest? - last week.  It said something to the effect that not every day is good, but there is something good in every day.  So very true.  Some days are terrible.  And some days are wonderful.  Most days are somewhere in between.  But that little tidbit of wisdom got me thinking.  What if every day I made sure that the last think I wrote in my journal was something nice from that day.  So that's what I did this week.  Here are my seven things beautiful...
Monday: Adoration, and writing with a feather-topped pen.  I forgot my pen when I put my journal in my bag on Monday, so I had to borrow one from the reception desk at work.  You know how sometimes they put artificial flowers on pens so you won't accidentally throw them in your purse? Well, this pen had beautiful brown feathers on top.  It was so much fun to write with!  
Tuesday: Finding what I needed at the Mall - and getting out alive.  Buying a hermit crab from a kiosk at the mall for a gift.  Going to my best friends last wedding shower before the wedding - I got to be a TP bride.  It's amazing what some people can do with 4 rolls of toilet paper, a roll of tape and 10 minutes.  I would love to see what they could do with satin and lace.  I think I know where to go if I ever need a last minute wedding dress.  
Wednesday: Watching fireworks with all of my younger siblings.  We saw 7 or 8 different places from our driveway and road.  So much fun!
Thursday: Finally a day off! Getting to play with make-up and nail polish.  Swimming with my sister.  Did you know that it is really, really funny to watch someone doing a handstand in the water kick their legs like a cartoon running off a cliff?
Friday: More swimming, this time with my two sisters, and one "adopted" sister.
Saturday: My best friends wedding.  A beautiful bride, a beautiful Mass, a lovely reception.  Knowing that I looked my best.  Knowing that she is unbelievably happy.  
Sunday: Not working.  I think I will go make myself a Pina Colada…

No comments:

Post a Comment