Monday, July 2, 2012

Beating the heat...


Hi y’all!  Well, it’s officially July, isn’t it.  In with the sweltering heat.  Today at work it was awful - the temperature in the kitchen stayed between 85º and 89º pretty much all day.  Which was nothing, compared to outside While I was vacuuming the relatively cool dining room, I started singing “Streets of Heaven” to myself.  I’m not sure why I thought of that song, but I’m glad I did.  It’s one of those songs that just always gives me chills when I hear it.  So I got to thinking.  What a great way to beat the heat!  Instant air conditioning, at least for a few seconds.  So here are a few songs to cool you down. Warning! Most of these have the potential to make you cry. Just sayin'.

Streets of Heaven - Sherrie Austin


Chain of Love - Clay Walker



Alyssa Lies - Jason Michael Carroll



Bring Him Home, Santa



Riding With Private Malone - David Ball
Ok, that's enough for now...I have to go find a sweatshirt.  And a kleenex box.  Now I want to know your favorite "Chills" or "goosebumps" songs!  Or video clips.  I'm thinking Margaret O'Brian has to have some great moments.  I'll keep thinking, too.  I know there are more somewhere....
Keep cool, and God Bless,
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment