Friday, May 13, 2011

My belated Thursday Post :)

Blogger was down last night, so I wasn't able to get my Thursday post done.  So you get a Friday post instead!
It has be one CRAZY week.  Mostly because of graduation, of course :D :D :D  I am officially done with my pursuit of formal education.  Tuesday night I graduated (with high honors, I might add) with an Individualized Studies AS degree, with a focus in Small Business Entrepreneurship.
So what now?  Always the big question.  In truth, I'm not sure yet.  I know that my first priority is to help my mother, The Laundry Duchess, with her business selling handmade maple drying racks. You can see our video (and my last project for Marketing) here.  We hope to have a summer full of shows and other fun selling-type stuff.  My first order of business there is to build a decent website.  Our hosting is awesome, but the site-building software stinks.  Fortunately I took a web-design class my first semester of college :D
I go back and forth about getting a "real" job.  On one hand, it would be nice to have a steady paycheck and all.  On the other hand, there was a reason I went with an Entrepreneurship degree!  I like being able to improve things, and work my own way.  It's not because I necessarily think my way is better than anyone else's,  I just think it's better for me.  And, honestly, sometimes my way is better (so there.)  If I can find a job that pays enough for the time and energy I put into it, that helps people, and where I can be fairly self directed (and improving,) I'll take it!  In the mean time, it will probably take me all summer just to catch up on all the laundry, housecleaning, and paperwork I have neglected the last two years.  And, of course, I hope to do LOTS of blogging!  I have some pictures to share, and recipes, and book reviews, and videos, and......  LOTS OF RAMBLING!!!!!!!
P.S.
I created a facebook page last night for The Rambling Amateur!  To visit, just click on the facebook badge by my list of followers (and, while you're at it, make sure you are on that list, too!) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment