Tuesday, November 30, 2010

St. Andrew Novena

I fully intended to do some research and write up a nice little history and such on this, but I ran out of time. So here's the short version. Also, I realize that it is a little late.

The St. Andrew Novena is to be recited 15 times a day from the Feast of St. Andrew on November 30th (yes, I know that is today, and that it is almost over,) to Christmas Eve.




Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.


(It is piously believed that whoever recites the above prayer fifteen times a day from the feast of St. Andrew (30th November) until Christmas will obtain what is asked.)

Imprimatur
+MICHAEL AUGUSTINE, Archbishop of New York
New York, February 6, 1897

For more info, wait until next year or visit
http://www.fisheaters.com/customsadvent7.html (Fisheaters is one of my favorite sources for Catholic Tradition Info!)
http://www.4marks.com/articles/details.html?article_id=5851 (Probably the best out of these three for information on the St. Andrew Novena)

My family and I have been praying this Novena for the last few years, and I also find it to be a wonderful meditation for the Advent season.  I believe I have also had some favorable results in obtaining favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment