Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello!  I hope everyone has a nice long list of things to be thankful for this year!
I was asked to email this recipe to my sister this morning, so I thought that since I had it on the computer, I would share it with the rest of the world.  I cannot take credit for this recipe, although I slightly modified the amounts to fit into a larger pan.  It is a Taste of Home Recipe, originally titled "Mom's Sweet Potato Bake." I don't know what year it came out, but it has been a favorite at our house since we first made it.  It is good hot, cold, and in between.  It is an excellent side dish, and also a good desert.  I think I've had the leftovers for breakfast a few times, too.  Enjoy!


Sweet Potato Bake
Ingredients
  • 4 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (40 oz. can or cooked prepared without milk or butter)
  • 1 ⅓ cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

  • TOPPING:
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 8 teaspoons cold butter (2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons)
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 9”x13” baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160º or a knife comes out clean;.
The original recipe can be found here: Mom's Sweet Potato Bake Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment